Swimming Pool Maintenance For Beginners
Swimming pool maintenance or care can be very difficult if you don't have the knowledge and experience to do it right the first time! When you talk about caring for swimming pools, a spa or hot tub, there are certain requirements, rules and regulations with guidelines that you as a owner/pool operator or manager must follow.
All of which is absolutely necessary in order for you to keep your guests safe, your swimming pool water safe and free of pathogens; so that you can provide a clean healthy looking waterscape that will be enjoyed by many.
We are certified swimming pool and spa operators with nineteen plus years of experience in spa safety and swimming pool maintenance and repairs under our belt. You will find that the information provided here will help you care, maintain and manage your pool or pools like a pro.
Achieving the knowledge and experience necessary for you to deliver a safe and professional swimming pool maintenance environment or the knowledge necessary to properly balance the water chemistry in your pool or spa is not something that is learned or thought over night.
However, the knowledge gain here at swimming pool care dotcom will have you mastering the care of your pools and spas just like a trained certified operator.
With our knowledge and experience, you will be able to operate your swimming pool or spa or even a recreational water facility safely; just like a pro or even better. Below are just some of the informative topics on pool care and spa maintenance that you will learn.
These are professional pool care facts and tips on spa and swimming pool water basics that will help you with your DIY maintenance. With are guidance, major concerns like the ones listed below can be easily answered.
- How do you maintain a swimming pool?
- How to properly repair swimming pool pumps?
- How to properly clean a pool or spa?
- Pool and spa filtration systems and how they work?
- Types of filters used on pools and spa circulating and filtration systems.
- How to safely manage a pool and spa facility?
- Diseases that cause contamination of the water in pools and spas.
- How to safely sanitize and disinfect the water in your pool and spa?
- What chemicals are needed to maintain a pool?
- What do you need to clean a pool? Such as equipment type!
- Water is circulation as it relates to pools and spas etc.
These are just some of the topics that we will be sharing the facts on with you; hence, teaching and showing you how to do it right yourself. Trust me, by the time we are finish teaching and discussing with you what we have learn over the past nineteen years about basic and professional pool care and spa water maintenance, you will be a master at it as well.
So let us make you an expert by showing you what we know about proper swimming pool maintenance care; so that you can safely maintain your recreational or privately owned swimming pool with professional care.
Please subscribe to my monthly newsletter, Pool Care Checklist. It tells you each month about the new information that I have added, and the latest in swimming pool care and spa water quality treatment.
Table of Contents:
- Swimming Pool Safety Guidelines | Water Safety Tips | Pool Safety
- Swimming Pool Safety guidelines for parents. Pool safety guidelines around swimming pools will help avoid drownings and other pool related injuries.
- Swimming Pool Filter - The Right Pool Water Filter Is Essential
- A swimming pool filter – Spa and pool filters are classified by the type of media that they use. Swimming pool or spa filters can be of a pressure or vacuum type of filter.
- Swimming Pool Water Problems - Pool and Spa Water Problem
- Pool water problems can result in pools appearing green, foamy, cloudy, dull, and hazy looking. Unbalanced water chemistry cause serious swimming pool water problems.
- Pool Algae Problems - Problems With Algae in Swimming Pools
- Pool algae problems in spas and swimming pools. Algae problems in pools and spas are caused by various types. Maintaining the required chlorine levels eliminate most pool algae problems.
- Swimming Pool Contamination | Pool Water Quality | Pool Contamination
- Swimming pool contamination will harm your pool swimmers! Pool water that is untreated have many disease carrying micro organisms from infected swimmers.
- Waterborne illnesses Causes and Prevention
- Recreational Waterborne Illnesses are caused by contaminated swimming pool and spa water. This illness is caused by pathogenic micro-organisms in the water.
- Why Swimming Pool Sanitation | Sanitation of Swimming Pool Water
- Swimming pool sanitation using pool sanitizers for swimming pool care. Why Sanitation? It kills micro-organisms in swimming pools that cause human diseases.
- Total alkalinity Purpose In Swimming Pools And Spas
- Total alkalinity in swimming pools is vital to its water chemistry. Alkalinity is the measure in the ability of water to resist pH swings.
- Pool Chlorine Smell - Pool Chlorine Smell is a Problem.
- Pool chlorine smell or chloramines is not an indication of too much pool chlorine. When your pools smell like chlorine, it is a sign of a poorly sanitized pool.
- Cloudy Water in Pool – Cloudy Pool Water After Shocking
- Cloudy water in pools is caused by poor filtration and unbalanced pool water. There are seven main causes for cloudy pool water in swimming pools.
- Calcium Hardness in Pools...Swimming Pool Maintenance
- Poor calcium hardness levels can destroy your pool! If it is not right, it can lead to an aggressive pool. Calcium hardness is the measure of the dissolved calcium in your pool water.
- Swimming Pool Stain - Swimming Pool Staining Problems
- Pool stain treat on surface walls and bottom can be the result of metals in your pool water. Staining can also be caused by chemical reaction. Regular water testing can produce a stain free pool.
- Swimming Pool Scale On Pool Plaster | Remove Calcium Scale Deposits
- Swimming pool scale on pool plaster can be prevented. Swimming pool scaling problems occur as a result of high levels of calcium and silicate. Scale be gone!
- Swimming Pool Pumps | Pool Pumps And Filters
- Swimming pool pumps are the driving force for water in swimming pool systems. Inground and above ground pool pumps must be the correct size for filtration.
- Swimming Pool Chemicals | Chemicals For Swimming Pool Care
- Swimming pool chemicals ensure good pool water chemistry. Pool chlorine is a commonly used pool chemical in spa and swimming pool water sanitation.
- Cyanuric Acid Effects | Cyanuric Pool Chlorine Stabilizer
- Cyanuric acid is a mild acid used as a chlorine stabilizer. Not all pool chlorine need cyanuric as a stabilizer. Some Chlorine has a stabilizing agent already
- The Use of Bromine in Swimming Pools and Spas.
- Bromine is a chemical commonly used in swimming pool sanitation. Using bromine tablets as a pool sanitizer is less compared to the use of chlorine.
- Stabilized Chlorine Sanitizers - Swimming Pool Sanitation Chemicals
- Stabilized chlorine sanitizers maintain your pool water quality! A safe concentration stabilized chlorine is critical to the health swimming pool users.
- Unstabilized Chlorine Sanitizers | Pool Chlorine Sanitizers
- Unstabilized chlorine sanitizers inactivate most microorganisms. Swimming pool disinfectants are also effective at killing algae.
- Chemical Probes Used in Swimming Pool Monitoring
- Chemical probes when they are use with an electronic pool controller can help prevent over feeding or under feeding of your pool chemicals.
- Pool pH level testing - Test pH Level of Water - Spa and Pool Water Chemistry.
- Your pH level testing is very important. Testing helps maintain a normal pH level in pools and spas. Testing your pH level and disinfectant daily is a test required by swimming pool health codes.
- Pool Alkalinity Too Low or Too High!
- Total Pool alkalinity should be constantly monitored and if too low or too high adjusted in small increments. Total alkalinity is a major factor in pool water chemistry.
- Swimming Pool Water Balance | Why Balancing Pool Water Is Important.
- Pool water balance optimizes swimming pool disinfection. Water that is balanced in a pool protects the pool equipment and swimmers.
- Saturation Index - Pool Saturation - Langelier Saturation Index Conversion
- The Langelier Saturation Index formula is used to determine the adequacy of pool and spa water. The calculation is conducted based on corrosion and scale formation in your pool or spa.
- Chlorine Generators | Salt Water Chlorine Sanitizer Generation
- Chlorine generators for swimming pools have their advantages. However using a pool chlorine generator system also has its disadvantages.
- Chlorine Gas Feed Systems - Chlorine Gas Chlorinators Feed Systems
- Gas feed systems for swimming pool treatment. This gas chlorination equipment gas mixed your pool water circulation. Gas chlorinators are great feed systems..
- Pool Chemical Controllers | Swimming Pool Automation Controls
- Automatic pool chemical controllers monitor pool chemicals automatically, delivering the right amount of chemicals as required. Keeping you pool water balanced.
- Chemical Feed Systems In Pool Water Treatment
- Chemical feed systems are complex units used for adding chemicals to swimming pools. Commercial pools use industrial chemical feed systems for pool sanitation.
- Chlorine Erosion Feeders | Erosion Chemical Feeders
- Pool erosion feeders are dry chemical feed systems. They are use to dissolve Tri-chlorine pool sanitizers before feeding it into swimming pools
- Positive Displacement Pumps are Positive Displacement Feeders.
- Positive displacement pumps add pool chemicals into the circulation system. Peristaltic pumps that fall in the category of positive displacement. .
- Swimming Pool Heaters | Swimming Pool Heating Systems
- Pool heaters for in-ground pools are designed swimming pool heating systems that are either electric heat pumps, solar-powered heaters or gas-powered heaters.
- Pool Filter Pumps | Filter Pumps for Swimming Pools
- Pool filter pumps circulate and filter the water in swimming pools. Good water filtration depends greatly on a pool pump that meets your fitering needs. A pool filter pump is the driving force.
- Electric Pool Heater | Swimming Pool Heaters | Gas Pool Heaters
- An electric pool heater saves money over time. These type of swimming pool heaters or pool heating systems are cheaper than the traditional gas pool heaters.
- Pool Mechanical Feeders..Automatic Erosion Feeders For Swimming Pool.
- Mechanical feeders require energy to operate efficiently. Like erosion feeders, a mechanical feeder design depends on the type of pool chemical to be be used.
- Swimming Pool pH level in Pool Care
- The pH level in swimming pools and spa is essential for good water balance You must know how to test and adjust it. This will help you maintain good swimming pool chemistry and avoid pH bounces.
- Ozone Generators: Using An Ozone Generator For Pool Water Treatment
- Ozone generators are machines that produce ozone which is toxic. Ozone machines are installed on pool circulation systems. A corona discharge ozone generator is the most common of all ozone systems.
- Ozone Treat ment for Swimming Pools and Spas.
- Ozone water treatment kills bacteria. O3 has a very high oxidation potential and it does not remain in water after treatment.
- Swimming Pool Blog - Professional Pool Care And Tips
- The Swimming Pool Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the swimming-pool-care.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- Links Exchange Programs...Linking Exchange.
- A links exchange program is an excellent way to get your website notice by the search engines. Find sites that are closely related to yours and request a link trade.
- Pool Water Chemistry Requires Constant Monitoring For Safety
- Pool water chemistry can be a dangerous environment for swimmers! Troubleshooting the chemistry of pool water systems is not easy but owners must monitor their pH, alkalinity and other pool chemicals.